Our conference is run by a dedicated team consisting mostly of volunteers.
This page outlines the folks who are helping get things done,
and what their roles are.
Mikey is the documentation czar for Write the Docs in Europe.
She is an avid dancer as well as singer,
and has probably traveled across more of Europe than you have.
Mikey is a senior technical writer at Red Hat living in Prague.
Sam has been organizing Write the Docs conferences for a couple years.
He’s based in Berlin unless he’s off to a death metal festival somewhere.
Sam is a contract technical writer working with Travis CI and other companies.
Eric is one of the cofounders of Write the Docs,
and also one of the cofounders of the Read the Docs documentation platform.
He is the primary chair of the Portland 2017 conference,
and loves to talk all things docs :)
You can read descriptions of all the roles in our Event Roles doc.
- Conference chair - Mikey Ariel
- Swag coordinator - Mikey Ariel
- Speaker wrangler - Samuel Wright
- Infrastructure chair - Samuel Wright
- Writing Day coordinator - Kelly O’Brien
- Unconference coordinator - Paul Adams
- Lightning Talk coordinator - Paul Adams
- Communication chair - Mikey Ariel
- Volunteer coordinator - Sasha Romijn
- Sponsorship lead - Eric Holscher
- Explore Prague coordinator - TBD
- Welcome Wagon coordinators - Kendall Pakula, Louise Monsour
- Social media chair - TBD
- Boat tour coordinator - Mikey Ariel
- Emcee - TBD